Monday, May 26, 2008

Hearty Reading

A couple of weeks ago, I had the privilege to go to a Ladies Night Out at our local bookstore. An author, Robin Jones Gunn, was featured and did the keynote speaking. She has written over 60 books and has cornered the market for Jr high and high school Christian books. It was amazing to hear her stories, she was a charismatic and joy-filled speaker with lots of spunk. She shared some of her spiritual journey and how she came to write for this audience. I am reading her first series with Amberly, my almost-nine year old, and would totally recommend it....The Sierra Jensen series. It is wonderful how the author describes real-life situations and sees things from a Christian perspective. The main character is always thinking through things and striving to live her life to please God as she goes through this transition from girlhood to womanhood. Robin recommended another of her books for me to go through now with Amberly, Gentle Passages. I look forward to checking it out~hope some of you will join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment