Saturday, August 21, 2010

Singing in the Rain

Tonight was a HOT desert night and I was lamenting aloud that I can't wait for it to cool off! Looking forward to November, I said.
No joke, 30 minutes later we are running down our street in a downpour of monsoon rain! So happy! Thank you Jesus! We needed a cool drench. We needed a moment of refreshing. The rain brought my thoughts to our need for Jesus to come and cool us, refresh us, invigorate us and make us new. There are so many songs of the Holy Spirit, raining down on us. Come, Lord Jesus. "Holy Spirit, rain down," and "Spirit of the Living God Fall afresh on me.............Make me, Meld me, Mold me, Fill me........" and somehow "Shine, Jesus, Shine" fits as we cheerfully ran through the rain in warm gutter puddles~Fill this land with the Father's glory; Blaze, Spirit, Blaze, set our hearts on fire.........flow, river, flow, flood this nation with grace and mercy, Send forth your word Lord, and let there be light!"
I was also remembering a sweet tune from the kids' toddler days, "Lightning bugs those lightning bugs go flicker flicker flicker in the night; lightning bugs those lightning bugs God made us all to shine our little light!"
And that is my prayer for this season. I pray that I can inspire my children to know God and love God and Share God's light and life!
One perfect opportunity tonight, to thank God for the rain, to enjoy his sweet gift of refreshment, and to sing back our praises. I pray that I can be aware of eternity in the midst of the everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's been a while since you posted this but as I was driving home from the grocery store today, Healing Rain came on K-Love. I was reminded of this post. Thought that I would post the link:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31D2g7t5Bjs

    ReplyDelete