Monday, August 6, 2012

a new school year

Its a new school year. The house is quiet. Plans are made. Schedules are set, Routines are laid out. Kids are sleeping. Waiting and wondering what tomorrow will hold. I hold their tomorrow, and God holds me. A magnificent job when I look at it that way. I hold their environment. I hold their lifestyle. I hold their discipline. I hold their opportunities to grow, learn, stand, fail. I hold them. And I hold them dearly, and I hold them loosely. Its got to be a miraculous dance combination of sticking close and letting go. The books have arrived. We have paper and supplies. The school room is clean, the bookshelves are clear (mostly). The curriculum is chosen. The children have been assessed. I have studied them and know them and am ready to challenge them to grow where they are week, and to flourish where they are strong. I want to encourage them in being who God MADE THEM TO BE. They each have their own bent. I am finding that bent and following it. Trusting God that He knows what He wants to do with my bent creatures. Oh, and I know He loves them even more than I do. I am thankful. He has entrusted to me some of his heavenly handiwork. I am the vessel this year that He is choosing to use to disciple these small people. It is my privilege and delight to spend time with them, learn with them, grow with them, and serve God and others with them. This journey of growing up disciples is part of the process in my journey in which God is growing up this disciple. Trusting that He will complete the good work He started in me (and in them). May Gods presence bless you with peace this fruitful day.......

No comments:

Post a Comment