Tuesday, September 23, 2008

self worth?

where do we get it? do we need it? do we want it?
I believe we find our significance, purpose and value in our relationship to God through Jesus Christ. Therefore, yes, we do need it; but the reason that we need it is so that we can live our lives for the glory of God. It's not about how good I feel about me, or how I feel about how someone else thinks about me. It's about who I am in God's eyes, and the difference I am making in the world because He loves me and I love Him! The reason I can make a difference in this world is because of his life in me. His wisdom. His power. Anything good that is in me is because of You, Jesus.......isn't that the truth? We get so caught up in ourselves that we lose sight of Whose we are, which is far more important than "who" we are. We are HIS. Our identity comes from our relationship with Him. This relationship is one of daily walking, conversing, reflecting, communicating, felowshipping. If it's not, you're missing out! The only way any of us can live up to the standard that we would want to keep (being Christlike in our character) is to allow Jesus to dwell in our lives and live his life through us. That's the secret; Christ in you! The Hope of Glory. It's good to know that I don't have to do anything to be worth something in God's eyes. It's all been done. By God Himself. Take a moment and Give God Glory!

1 comment: